Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) for Foreign Nationals

Share This Post

Share on facebook
Share on linkedin
Share on twitter
Share on email

What is an ITIN and how can you apply for one?

Individual Tax Identification Number or ITIN is an USTAX ID starting with digit 9 [ For example: 97X-XX-XXXX]. This is similar to your local country tax id for example the tax ID in United Kingdom is National Insurance Number. You can apply for US Tax ID or ITIN by completing Form W7 which is main application.

Who is eligible to apply for ITIN?

Foreign Nationals ( i.e non US Citizens or Resident Aliens in USA) who do not have a Social Security Number or not eligible to apply Social Security Number are eligible to apply for ITIN provided that individual have an any USA based income and have a US tax filing or to claim the tax treaty exemption claims.

Do I need to travel to United States to apply for ITIN?

Not necessary, If you applying for ITIN outside of the United States and your legal residence is in foreign country then can use one of the local IRS approved certified acceptance agent [CAA] for the passport verification and all the supporting documents check to ensure the application process is completed without any rejection. You can also apply directly without CAA service with this option you need to send your original passport to IRS.

Why do you require an ITIN?

  • ITIN to file a 1040 Nonresident Alien US tax return
  • ITIN to claim a refund from FIRPTA Claim claim
  • ITIN to file 1040 US tax return as dependent/Spouse of US Citizen
  • ITIN to claim a refund from for tax withheld on Form 1042S/1099/8805/1099R/Estate income.
  • ITIN to claim tax treaty exemption claim.

Our team specializes in international expatriate U.S. personal tax return service. If you need assistance with ITIN Renewal/US 1040 filing for refund claim/FATCA Compliance work/FBAR FINCEN114 Filing, ITIN/ Form W7 Application/E.I.N./Form W8BENE or Certified Acceptance Agents [C.A.A.] services/1040NR U.S. tax filing for refund claim of excess 1042S / 8288A/ 8805/ W2/ 1099. We are happy to assist our clients in a timely, efficient, and cost-effective way

Visit our website:




Call us:

United Kingdom (London) Office Contact:+442082211154
Email: [email protected]

Singapore Office Contact:+65 31571534
Email: [email protected]

U.A.E (Dubai) Office Contact: +971 4311 6225
Email: [email protected]

Qatar (Doha) Office Contact: +974 4031 6643
Email: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]

Saudi Arabia (Khobar) Office Contact: +966 13 330 8452
Email: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]

India (Bangalore) Office:+9180 6793 5783
Email: [email protected]

India (chennai) Office:+9144 4904 2844
Email: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Get updates and learn from the best

More To Explore

We are happy to assist our clients in a timely, efficient, & cost-effective way

We are one of the IRS Enrolled Agents with many years of experience in US 1040/1040NR personal tax compliance reporting and FATCA Compliance FBAR Reporting.

We are also IRS Approved Certified Acceptance Agent [CAA] with many years of experience dealing with types of ITIN Form W7 application and passport certification processes for US TAX ID.

US Tax services - Expert Team