Fincen11a Foreign Bank Account Reporting

Share This Post

Share on facebook
Share on linkedin
Share on twitter
Share on email

What Is FBAR?

The FBAR stands for Foreign Bank Account Account Reporting

An FBAR is a Report of Foreign Bank (Non USA based bank account and Financial Accounts form also known as FinCEN Form 114

Who Needs To File FBAR?

  • All U.S. person (U.S. citizens, green card holders, resident aliens) is required to file FBAR if their foreign financial accounts balance (individually or combined accounts) exceeds a maximum balance of $10,000 at any time during the US calendar year [January to December] must mandatorily file FinCEN Form 114.
  • FBAR also applies to those who simply have signing authority over an overseas foreign non USA bank account. That’s important to remember, as the account doesn’t have to be your account. Signature authority means the authority of an individual to control the disposition of money, funds, or other assets held in a financial account by direct communication to the institution with which the financial account is maintained.

FBAR Applies to,

  • Information on Financial Accounts Owned Separately.
  • Information on Financial Accounts Owned Jointly.
  • Information on Financial Accounts Where Filer has Signature or Other Authority but No financial Interest in the Account

What Financial Income Needs To Reported?

The FBAR filers will just be reporting their foreign bank account balances. However, you must also report from the other source listed below:

  • Foreign stock or securities held in a financial account.
  • Financial account held at a foreign branch of a US bank.
  • Foreign mutual funds.
  • Foreign-issued life insurance or annuity cash value.

How to file FBAR and Penalties

The FBAR must be filed by April 15th every year. If an federal tax extension for your individual tax return is in place then you get an extension to file the FBAR until October 15th. A person who is required to file an FBAR and fails to file may be subject civil penalty (non wilful) with a minimum of $12,921 or maximum of 50% balance in each foreign bank account.

Need Help Filing Your FBAR?

If you need in assistance in processing FBAR our team can help.

Email US: [email protected]




Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Get updates and learn from the best

More To Explore

ITIN for Beneficiary IRS 401K plan
Form W7

ITIN for Beneficiary IRS 401K plan

Learn how to obtain an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) for a beneficiary of a deceased US citizen’s or resident alien’s 401K plan. Discover the steps involved, including Form W7 application, obtaining a letter from investment firms, and reclaiming excess taxes. Our expert team offers efficient and cost-effective assistance with ITIN applications, tax filing, FATCA compliance, and more. Don’t risk delays or mistakes—get the ITIN you need to access your pension distribution promptly.

Most common forms on FIRPTA TAX

Most common forms on FIRPTA TAX

If you’re a non-US citizen selling property in the United States, it’s crucial to understand the Foreign Investment in Real Property Tax Act (FIRPTA) and its implications. Learn about the most common forms required for FIRPTA tax compliance, including Form 8288, Form 8288A (with and without federal tax withholding), and exemptions. Discover who the withholding agent is and the responsibilities involved in ensuring FIRPTA tax compliance. Stay informed to navigate the complexities of FIRPTA when dealing with US real estate transactions.

We are happy to assist our clients in a timely, efficient, & cost-effective way

We are one of the IRS Enrolled Agents with many years of experience in US 1040/1040NR personal tax compliance reporting and FATCA Compliance FBAR Reporting.

We are also IRS Approved Certified Acceptance Agent [CAA] with many years of experience dealing with types of ITIN Form W7 application and passport certification processes for US TAX ID.

US Tax services - Expert Team