Federal 1040 tax return amendment and repoting on 1040X (Amended Tax Return) Tax payers may need to amend their previously filed tax returns if they find that they had errors on it. Some of the common errors include: Missing a 1099/Corrected 1099 reporting Missing a W2/Corrected W2 reporting Change of filing status from Single to… Read More

What Is FBAR? The FBAR stands for Foreign Bank Account Account Reporting An FBAR is a Report of Foreign Bank (Non USA based bank account and Financial Accounts form also known as FinCEN Form 114 Who Needs To File FBAR?   All U.S. person (U.S. citizens, green card holders, resident aliens) is required to file… Read More

Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) for Foreign Nationals by completing Form W7. What is an Form W7 used for? Form W-7 is used to apply for an ITIN application or US Tax ID, for non-citizens who aren’t eligible to receive a Social Security number and need to file a federal tax return, claim tax treaty, refund… Read More

What is an ITIN and how can you apply for one? Individual Tax Identification Number or ITIN is an USTAX ID starting with digit 9 [ For example: 97X-XX-XXXX]. This is similar to your local country tax id for example the tax ID in United Kingdom is National Insurance Number. You can apply for US… Read More

Form W7 Mailing address from Outside of U.S.A International ITIN applicants International or ITIN applicants outside of U.S.A can apply for an ITIN by mail, in person at an IRS office, or through an acceptance agent (risk-free of not losing your passport and all documents check done by agents). Mail Mail Form W-7, your passport… Read More

Form 8288  (U.S. Withholding Tax Return for Dispositions by Foreign Persons of U.S. Real Property Interests) or    Form 8288B (Application for Withholding Certificate for Dispositions by Foreign Persons of U.S. Real Property Interests) What is FIRPTA? FIRPTA stands for Foreign Investment in Real Property Tax Act and it is the Federal law governing the taxation &… Read More

If you have recently moved out of America and this is your first year filing 1040 tax return with additional reporting of foreign income (i.e income earned outside of the USA or Non W2 income). It’s very common to get confused to take your call on to use Foreign Earned Income Exclusion (FEIE) or Foreign… Read More

The word FATCA may sound bit scary these days as your local banks and other investment financial institution use this terminology a lot and ask you to complete additional paperwork subject to be FATCA compliance rules, and this could be providing your foreign tax I.D. details your for example ( National Insurance number or Unique… Read More

Nearly 2 million Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITINs) are set to expire at the end of 2019 as the Internal Revenue Service continues to urge affected taxpayers to submit their renewal applications early to avoid refund delays next year. ITINs not used in the last three consecutive tax years. Under the Protecting Americans from Tax… Read More

Dear TAH clients, We hope you are all well and staying safe while the world is under the spin. During this challenging time, we are committed to keeping you informed on relevant US tax updates for our individual US Expatriates clients. Our team continues to work from home, doing our best to help our clients… Read More