ITIN for Amazon, Open Strip Account, Youube Facebook business

ITIN OR EIN which one I need for LLC?

Share This Post

Share on facebook
Share on linkedin
Share on twitter
Share on email

ITIN or EIN which one do I need for LLC?

Confusion on the TIN number clarified!

We often come across queries from our clients with confusion about whether they need to apply for ITIN or EIN because the US agents or the US banks, amazon, to open a stripe account, you tuber, and Facebook business income receivers need an ITIN number. If the ITIN is not provided to USA-based distributors, your income would be subject to a 30% flat tax on your gross income.

TIN stands for Tax Identification Number. There are 2 types of TIN one for the company and one for the individual owner of the business.

EIN – Employer Identification Number 

EIN is more of an identification number for your US LLC or USA Inc or Foreign Corporation.

Both US and non-US citizens can apply for EIN, However, you can apply for EIN only for USA LLC or Foreign based Ltd, Corporation to apply for the EIN.

ITIN – Individual Identification Number

ITIN is similar to SSN in terms of the number of digits and only Foreign National (non us citizen is eligible to apply for ITIN). Even though the ITIN is similar to EIN, the ITIN number always starts with the digit 9.

How long the EIN and ITIN are valid? 

EIN is issued only once and it’s valid throughout the company and is ceased or inactive

ITIN is valid only for 4 to 5 years provided the number is kept active on the US tax return filings or IRS forms reporting like Form  1099, Form 1042S, and Form W8 BEN. If ITIN is not kept active the holder of the ITIN needs to renew the ITIN after 5 years sometimes even within 3 years if the number is inactive.

If you are looking for ITIN, EIN, or US tax return expert service, We can help!

Our team specializes in international expatriate U.S. personal tax return services. If you need assistance with ITIN Renewal/US 1040 filing for refund claim/FATCA Compliance work/FBAR FINCEN114 Filing, ITIN/ Form W7 Application/E.I.N./Form W8BENE or Certified Acceptance Agents [C.A.A.] services/1040NR U.S. tax filing for refund claim of excess 1042S / 8288A/ 8805/ W2/ 1099. We are happy to assist our clients in a timely, efficient, and cost-effective way.

Click here to contact us if you have any queries

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Get updates and learn from the best

More To Explore

We are happy to assist our clients in a timely, efficient, & cost-effective way

We are one of the IRS Enrolled Agents with many years of experience in US 1040/1040NR personal tax compliance reporting and FATCA Compliance FBAR Reporting.

We are also IRS Approved Certified Acceptance Agent [CAA] with many years of experience dealing with types of ITIN Form W7 application and passport certification processes for US TAX ID.

US Tax services - Expert Team