IRS-Approved Acceptance Agent – ITIN Service | Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Jordan, Israel, Armenia, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, and Other Middle East Region
IRS Acceptance Agent – ITIN Application for a spouse of US Citizens and Foreign Person with USA income – Passport certification and Form W7 submission with 100% Approval rate.
ITIN For Spouse of US Citizen/Resident – All the important points you need to you before you submit the ITIN application
As an experienced IRS, Approved Certified Acceptance Agent (C.A.A.), and US Personal tax compliance firm we have put together the important tips to be followed by the American citizen or resident alien or Greencard holder filing a Form W7 ITIN application for his or her spouse
- First and foremost important point, If you are legally married as of 31st Dec of the tax year then you need to file your 1040 Federal tax return as Married filing Separately if you have a valid ITIN for your spouse or Married filing jointly if you do not have the ITIN for the first year of ITIN application and filing.
- The name of your spouse as per the passport to be correctly reported on the 1040 Federal tax return – On the SSN section you can manually write or add the text “ Form W7 Enclosed” or “ ITIN Applied For”
- Form W7 should be correctly completed any small error can lead to the rejection of the ITIN application.
- The passport needs to be certified by one of the IRS Approved acceptance agent for valid authentication if the original passport is not mailed to the IRS ITIN office. Please note the IRS will not acceptance certification from Notary or post office certification since 2011. So don’t waste your time which would lead to ITIN rejection.
- For the first year of US tax filing with Married Filing Jointly [MFJ] filing status along with spouse ITIN application the tax return needs to be prepared first by your CPA or by yourself if you self-prepare your 1040 federal tax return you cannot file electronically via turbo tax or any US tax software; the 1040 tax return filing and Form W7 will be sent to IRS ITIN office via Postal tracked mailing filing ONLY and keep the postal tracking proof safety for your records (As far as you have postal proof of mailing on or before the due date or extended due date) it’s considered the tax return was filed on time. If the tax return is on Zero taxes due or refund position, you need not worry about the tax filing deadline date.
- If the tax return was not processed and if you were issued a temporary TIN on notice from IRS or with an old ITIN and rejected/notice received from IRS (for ITIN not valid/renewed on time). A new ITIN application with the 1040 tax return ” WRITE COPY ONLY FOR FORM W7 DO NOT PROCESS AGAIN” on top of the 1040 tax return, so IRS knows the 1040 tax return is sent only for the ITIN supporting document.
- Please ensure Form W7 and 1040 Page does have the wet signature. If not, the ITIN application will get rejected.
For More FAQs related to ITIN for the spouse category kindly refer to our earlier blog by clicking here.
Our team specializes in international expatriate U.S. personal tax return services. If you need assistance with ITIN Renewal/US 1040 filing for refund claim/FATCA Compliance work/FBAR FINCEN114 Filing, ITIN/ Form W7 Application/E.I.N./Form W8BENE or Certified Acceptance Agents [C.A.A.] services/1040NR U.S. tax filing for refund claim of excess 1042S / 8288A/ 8805/ W2/ 1099. We are happy to assist our clients in a timely, efficient, and cost-effective way