Form W7 Mailing address from Outside of U.S.A International ITIN applicants International or ITIN applicants outside of U.S.A can apply for an ITIN by mail, in person at an IRS office, or through an acceptance agent (risk-free of not losing your passport and all documents check done by agents). Mail Mail Form W-7, your passport… Read More

Form 8288  (U.S. Withholding Tax Return for Dispositions by Foreign Persons of U.S. Real Property Interests) or    Form 8288B (Application for Withholding Certificate for Dispositions by Foreign Persons of U.S. Real Property Interests) What is FIRPTA? FIRPTA stands for Foreign Investment in Real Property Tax Act and it is the Federal law governing the taxation &… Read More

If you have recently moved out of America and this is your first year filing 1040 tax return with additional reporting of foreign income (i.e income earned outside of the USA or Non W2 income). It’s very common to get confused to take your call on to use Foreign Earned Income Exclusion (FEIE) or Foreign… Read More

The word FATCA may sound bit scary these days as your local banks and other investment financial institution use this terminology a lot and ask you to complete additional paperwork subject to be FATCA compliance rules, and this could be providing your foreign tax I.D. details your for example ( National Insurance number or Unique… Read More

Nearly 2 million Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITINs) are set to expire at the end of 2019 as the Internal Revenue Service continues to urge affected taxpayers to submit their renewal applications early to avoid refund delays next year. ITINs not used in the last three consecutive tax years. Under the Protecting Americans from Tax… Read More

Dear TAH clients, We hope you are all well and staying safe while the world is under the spin. During this challenging time, we are committed to keeping you informed on relevant US tax updates for our individual US Expatriates clients. Our team continues to work from home, doing our best to help our clients… Read More

If you run a business, trust or administer an estate, It is legally required for you to have a Federal tax identification number which is commonly known as Employer Identification Number or EIN for short. Why you need an EIN? You will be required to have an EIN for various purposes, running a business, hiring… Read More

What is an EIN Application rejection? Your application for an Employer Identification Number (EIN) will be rejected due to the following reasons: 1) Entity Name Conflict If your entity name is not unique and the IRS finds one that is similar, you may be denied an EIN. Limited Liability Companies and corporations can’t file articles… Read More

EIN Reference Number 101 (name conflict/duplicate): It is the most common error message that people will face while registering for EIN online. This issue arises because IRS must have found a business with a similar name that of yours. This could be resolved when the IRS could manually review the issue. Solution: File Form SS-4… Read More

An Employer Identification Number (EIN) is also known as a federal tax identification number and is used to identify a business entity. It is commonly used by employers for the purpose of reporting taxes. It is also used by estates and trusts which have income which is required to be reported on Form 1041, U.S.… Read More