Individual Tax Identification Number, or ITIN is a US taxpayer identification number issued by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), which allows the taxpayers without a Social Security Number (SSN) to file income tax returns.
This tax processing number is only available for both residents and non-residents, their spouses, and dependents who aren’t eligible for a Social Security Number (SSN).
It is a 9-digit number, beginning with the number “9” which appears similar to an SSN (XXX-XX-XXXX).
Taxpayers with an expiring Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) are asked by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to submit renewal applications. Failing to do so results in refund and processing delays during this year.
Filing a tax return in 2020 is possible even if your ITIN has expired or is about to expire soon. It is advisable to submit your renewal application now to prevent potential delays in the processing of your return.
Is it essential to have an ITIN?
You are required to apply for a ITIN, If you belong to any of the following category
- You do not have an SSN and are not eligible to obtain one, and
- You have a requirement to furnish a federal tax identification number or file a federal tax return, and
- You are in one of the following categories.
- Nonresident alien who is required to file a U.S. tax return
- U.S. resident alien who is (based on days present in the United States) filing a U.S. tax return
- Dependent or spouse of a U.S. citizen/resident alien
- Dependent or spouse of a nonresident alien visa holder
- Nonresident alien claiming a tax treaty benefit
- Nonresident alien student, professor or researcher filing a U.S. tax return or claiming an exception
Apply now. We can Help you!
ITINCAA (AKA TAXANDACCOUNTING HUB) aims to provide expert solutions to you ITIN, EIN, or US Personal tax related matters considering the appropriate double taxation treaty rules and correct supporting documentations. We have provided ITIN registration and renewal services for over 18 years, and we are a registered ITIN service provider recognized by the IRS.
- Get in touch with us at
- (L) : +44 (0)208 221 1154
- (M):+44 (0)791 439 3183
- (L) :+44 (0)203 286 6445